Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Call to Ministry

Exodus 3
Forty years he lived in Egypt, a highly accomplished guy.
Then forty more in Midian where pride and arrogance died.
He may have thought the wilderness was where he would retire,
But then one day he saw a bush burning bright with fire.

Moses turned aside that day and travelled to see the sight.
Something about this burning bush didn’t seem quite right.
Everyone knows a fire burns until only the ashes remain, but
Though it burned a considerable time, the bush remained the same.

He heard the Lord call out his name as he was drawing near.
Moses responded to the flame by saying, “I am here.”
“Take off your sandals; bare your feet, for this is holy ground.
I am the God of Abraham. It’s time to turn things around.”

“My people are slaves in Pharaoh’s land and I have heard their cry.
I’m sending you to deliver them; you’re my chosen guy.
The burdens they carry are numerous, too many to even name them,
So you will lead them out of Egypt back to the land of Canaan.

Now Moses was feeling a bit insecure and needed some affirmation.
“Who am I to perform this task and declare such information?
And whom will I say is sending me when I say these words to them?”
The voice replied, “Tell them this: You’re sent by the great ‘I Am’.”

Carry this message to Israel from the God of Abraham:
Their cup of misery is more than full, but their God will deliver them.
Say unto the King of Egypt, “You must let My people go.”
Then place your trust in “the Great I Am” signs and wonders to show.

Now put yourself in this situation. Wouldn’t you be afraid?
Wouldn’t you rather someone else would lead this grand parade?
Are you troubled by fear and doubt because of what you face?
Have faith in God to work it out trusting His love and grace.

© Copyright George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment