Saturday, August 13, 2016

Something to Think About





Something to Think About
Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-2, 10-12





Every time I pen a devotion,
I hope my old friends will seize the notion
To stop their pursuit of human fame
And consider Jesus; examine His claim.

He came to reveal the Father’s favor,
To offer Himself as Lord and Savior.
From the beginning there was this plan:
The Son of God would become a man.

It’s amazing to me what man will believe,
What incredible concepts he will receive!
Once an amoeba in the primeval pond,
He evolved to a monkey eating a frond.

A few zillion errors and billions of years
Made him a human with all of his peers.
He’s willing to trust this uncertain story
But refuses to believe the God of Glory.


The Lord gave evidence plain to see;
It’s there to discover for you and me:
The universe; what made it explode,
The laws of nature, the DNA code.

The sense of calling, a desire to know
Why I am here and where I should go?
So open your Bible; read each verse,
For life continues after the hearse.


© Copyright 2016 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment