Monday, July 26, 2010

O God, Hear and Act

Psalm 10

Why, O Lord, are you far away
When the wicked act so cruel?
Don’t you know what the wicked say?
They say the believer’s a fool!

The wicked brazenly hunts down the poor
And brags about all his success.
He doesn’t believe judgment is sure;
Considers God even less.

His mouth is full of cursing and lies.
He murders the innocent man.
Like a lion he springs in surprise
On the victims of his plan.

He has no fear of God above
As though He had no eyes.
He has no thoughts of brotherly love
Nor cares if his victims die.

He says, “Nothing bad will happen to me;
Heartache is for the meek.
I reach out and take what I see.
I always get what I seek.”

Lord, when will you act to right this wrong?
You can see the trouble they cause.
Rise to show yourself just and strong
Against those who break your laws?

Break the arms of these evil doers;
Chase them till all are destroyed.
You should become the feared pursuer
Til they lose all the comforts enjoyed.

This I know about You, O Lord.
Of this I am more than sure.
You will bring hope to those oppressed
And relief to those who are poor.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment