Friday, July 23, 2010

Hear My Plea, O Lord

Psalm 5

Please give ear to my words, O Lord.
Consider my meditation.
I come in the morning to be restored
In humble consecration.

Give heed unto my voice today;
I lay my heart before You.
I come early to sing and pray,
To worship and implore You

You take no pleasure in wicked sin
Nor boastful, pride-filled man;
Those who harbor lies within,
Or deceitful, murderous plans.

But I will come before you, Lord;
Your mercy I receive,
A wondrous undeserved reward
Because my heart believes.

My enemies are counterfeit frauds;
Their tongues speak vain deceit.
What they say you won’t applaud;
It’s foulness they repeat.

Let all who put their trust in You
Rejoice and sing their praise,
Their heart-felt worship proven true
By the character they display.

Surely, Lord, the righteous are blessed;
You surround them like a shield.
I pray their love will find express
In this ripened harvest field.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment