Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Bible is Marked

In my Bible there’s many a verse with truths important to heed.
In my mind I seek to rehearse and apply the wisdom I need.
I like the verse in Psalm 51: “Create in me a pure heart.” 1
Remembering all the things I’ve done, it seems like the place to start.

I already know all men are sinners and certainly I’m included.2
Those who say that we’re all winners are walking around deluded.
But when we admit our truthful state; accept God’s gift of salvation,
He forgives our sin; lifts its weight, makes us a new creation.3

God has prepared a plan for our life from the very beginning of time.4
For every man there’s a path that’s right, which leads to heaven sublime.5
But we’re not a robot or mindless machine; God has called us to choose.6
We can choose God or things obscene—one way you win, the other you lose.7

In the course of time as we grow and mature, we find life’s real meaning.
The victories won make us sure of Christ upon whom we’re leaning.
He took the judgment for our sin;9 opened the door to eternal life.
Soon it’s our privilege to live with Him in a place with no sin or strife.10

Thanks for strolling down memory lane as I think of what Christ has done.
It’s a great joy by prose to proclaim the glories yet to come.11
I trust you will give your life to Christ; experience His new birth.
This is the pathway to heaven above while living in peace on earth.

1 Romans 3:10, 23
2 Psalm 51:10
3 Romans 3:10, 23
4 2 Corinthians 5:17
5 Psalm 139:16
6 Proverbs 3:6; Micah 4:2
7 Deuteronomy 30:19
8 Revelation 21:6
9 1 John 2:2
10 Revclation 21:1-4
11 1 Corinthians 2:9

© Copyright George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment