Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jesus, Our Shepherd

Psalm 23

A faithful shepherd guards the sheep. They’re protected under his care.
The paths he walks are not too steep on the way to the meadows fair.
There in the valley with grass so green and a brook with a quiet flow,
His sheep will rest, their hearts serene, protected from evil foes.

This is how Jesus cares for His flock, how He leads and guides each day.
We are empowered by faith in our walk as in His presence we stay.
Through Christ we find the valley of peace, the place of promise and rest.
From fear and worry we are released. Our life is truly blessed.

Then as we approach the valley of death, we face it with peace of mind
For when it is time to draw the last breath, His presence is there sublime.
The angels transport our spirit on high, our heavenly home to gain.
We find there no sickness, no sorrow nor sighs, for God has removed all pain.

Perhaps we will see the city foursquare, the one with streets of gold,
The glorious city which Jesus prepared for the sheep who came into His fold.
One clear morning the trump will sound, the horses will stomp their feet.
“Mount up” will be the command profound, “for a ride you’ll never repeat.”

Down through the skies of worlds unknown, all the way to the Holy Land
Jesus will ride to claim His throne, defeating the armies of man.
This is the way wickedness ends and how eternity begins.
The Word of God affirmed again: The devil loses; Jesus wins.

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (NIV)

© Copyright George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment