Saturday, August 14, 2010

Psalm Nineteen--God is Calling Out to You

Psalm 19

The heavens declare the glory of God,
All creation His marvelous mind.
They testify of His boundless power;
His intention so loving and kind.

The vastness of the universe
Speaks loud to all who will hear
That there is a God to love or curse
Calling for all to draw near.

Consider the sunrise in the East
And watch it go down in the West.
Nothing can hide from its radiant heat
As it journeys to evening’s rest.

The wisdom of our divine Creator
Is perfect reviving the soul.
No one can love in any way greater
Than He would make you whole.

The commandments of the Lord are clear
Giving us wisdom each day.
Each of them act as a lighted mirror
Revealing how grace is His way.

His Law reveals the sins of my heart;
Shows me the faults I must face,
For my sin has kept us apart
But the answer is His great grace.

Cleanse me, O Lord, from all my sin
Transform my corrupt condition.
Remove the evil that lives within;
I trust You for sin’s remission.

I know these words and heart meditation
Are acceptable in Your sight,
For You have removed sin’s dark condemnation
And given me peace in the night.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment