Friday, August 27, 2010

Psalm 73—Which Destiny is Yours?

There was a time I almost slipped;
I doubted my Father’s plan.
My confidence temporarily dipped
While watching a wicked man.

Why do the wicked live in ease?
Why do they have good health?
Their lives are filled with sin and sleaze,
The fruit of their arrogance and wealth.

With conceited hearts and self-centered pride
They scoff and speak with malice.
O’er earthly kingdoms they preside
From their richly-appointed palace.

Surely in vain I have kept my life clean
To honor the scripture true.
It certainly appears from what I have seen
That sinners get blessings too.

As I sought to reason this out
God showed me their ultimate ruin.
It was not for me to fuss and pout,
For judgment is coming soon.

Suddenly their days will be done,
Swept away at their final hour.
Their Day of Accounting will surely come
In terror and fearful power.

While they perish, I am secure
In the center of Your will.
I am kept for heaven by You
To live on Your holy hill.

Evil men will perish for sure,
Their soul consigned to hell.
But those whom Jesus has made pure
Will with Him forever dwell.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

1 comment: