Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Psalm 27--The Lord is My Salvation

The Lord on high is my salvation. Of whom shall I be afraid?
He helps me defeat demonic schemes whenever an attempt is made.
When my enemies come to attack, they will stumble and fall.
Because the Lord is my guide and strength, I shall not fear at all.

There is one thing I ask of the Lord, the thing I desire the most.
It’s not a desire for riches or fame or something grandiose.
I love to be in the presence of God when I worship in His house.
Living continually with my Lord is the hope I espouse.

To live in His presence is safety for me and glorious peace of mind.
No better fortress or hiding place would I ever be able to find.
I will draw near to God on high with songs of joy and praise.
This is the way I choose to live all my remaining days.

So here is my prayer as I call out to God: ‘Lead me in paths of light;’
My enemy seeks to ravage me in numerous spiritual fights.
Don’t let me fall for Satan’s plan or succumb to his devious ploy,
For Lucifer lives his evil desire: to kill and steal and destroy.

The devil accuses of sin and faults—some I’ve never committed,
Then I quote the scripture to him, for that is the weapon permitted.
I tell him he is a liar now and has been from the beginning.
I tell how Jesus saved my soul and remind him he is not winning.

Yes, I’m confident God will prevail in all the trials of life.
I can conquer fear and doubt; get victory o’er sin and strife.
I will wait patiently for the Lord enduring the devil’s assaults,
For by the blood of Christ applied I stand without blame or fault.

This is the standing you will have if you place your trust in Christ.
You must remember you cannot be saved by your deeds or might.
If man could earn it, he would boast. That’s not a desirable station.
Confess your sin; trust in His grace. He will make you a new creation.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment