Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Psalm 23--The Lord is My Shepherd

The Lord is my shepherd, my needs are all met.
I have plenty to eat; by the cool stream I rest.
The pasture He chooses is lush with green grass
Because of His presence the wild beasts must pass.

The food that He gives yields strength and health.
He guards from the wolves who come by stealth.
The streams by the pasture so gently flow
I drink all I need while the cool breezes blow.

The paths we walk are those which are good.
The words He speaks are all understood.
Sometimes we tread in the shadow of death,
But I need not fear or hold my breath.

I know the enemy would tear me apart,
But the Shepherd’s strong staff will make him depart.
The Savior is near, no danger can win.
I know I am safe because I’m with Him.

The Shepherd has said there is heaven ahead.
He’s planning a banquet for those He has led.
There at God’s table I will be seated.
No enemies there, for they are defeated.

We will be served by angelic creation.
Along with dear saints from Old Testament nations.
Goodness, love, and mercy are mine
Not just for this day but for all time.

The Savior is waiting for you to wake up
He wants you to drink from His loving cup.
He offers salvation so full and so free,
So heed this good word from Psalm 23.

© Copyright 2010 George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment