Sunday, October 25, 2009

If My People will Humble Themselves and Pray

Do you sense that God is withholding the rain? Does it seem like locusts devour your grain?
Does the hot sun rise high in the sky baking your fields impossibly dry?
Could it be you left your first love, been focusing on earth instead of above?
When we’ve been running in the wrong race, God brings reminders to seek His face.

God calls for the people known by His name to humble themselves and fan the flame
By seeking His face, from sin turn away, trusting His grace as they kneel to pray.
Then He will hear them, forgive their sin; restore their joy and peace again.
Perhaps he will move by His mighty hand to bring a new spirit into our land.

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
13 "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, 14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (NIV)

A Thought to Think About…

The best way to stop America’s lurch is to experience revival in the church.
Preaching is needed for spiritual renewal, but humility and prayer are the crown jewels.

No comments:

Post a Comment