Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Am Not Ashamed of the Gospel

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek (NKJV)


When I was young I loved the Lord, but there were times when I brought Him shame
I sadly remember my many desires for status and worldly acclaim.
How grateful I am for the Lord’s kind mercy, His patience and kindness supreme.
He waded through my faults and fears to give me a godly dream.

I remember the night when God broke through. It was time to give my all.
Felt drawn to serve my Lord anew, a desire to follow His call.
I learned soon my heart was sincere, but my flesh put up a fight.
Oh what a series of battles were fought as I learned to do what is right.

That is why we should love the Gospel and dwell on it hour by hour.
How can we but cherish His Truth, which transforms us by His power?
The Holy Spirit enshrines our heart, makes us a new creation.
Through the years as we do our part, He effects His transformation.

Perhaps you are a late bloomer in life; spent years avoiding His call.
It’s better to be late in blooming, my friend, than not to have bloomed at all.
Take stock of the years that remain to you, tell others about the new birth.
Give yourself freely; seek what is true, for this is your purpose on earth.

Soon we may hear the trumpet sound accompanied by a great shout.
Bodies will rise before our eyes as the graves of the earth empty out.
If we are alive when Christ returns, we too shall rise on high.
We will fly upward, heaven bound, to meet Jesus in the sky.

© Copyright George M. Cuff, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment